Saturday, February 16, 2008

Snow Trip!

Last Monday (the 11th) the school district had teacher meetings or something like that so school was out. Yahoo! With a day off the Young Men and Young Women in our ward planned a snow trip to Leland High Sierra Snowplay (a tubing "resort") just past Strawberry. If you are still not sure where that is, it is near Dodge Ridge ski resort. I was asked to drive so I jumped at the opportunity. The total bonus was that Ben could go with us. Ben and I had the GREATEST time together. We couldn’t have planned a more fun trip to share. We can't wait to go back and hit the slick slopes again. I hope you enjoy a few photos and a couple movie clips.




This is Ben on the rope tow. Much better than walking up the hill!













Ready for the First Run!
















Waiting in line with some of the Young Women from the ward.




















Some of the Youth from the ward demonstrating the initial staging for a "Cluster" or a "Clump". The advantage of a cluster over going down by your self. SPEED!
















A cluster going down the hill






Ben and I enjoying the ride!





Me and Ben after a really fun time together! Love the hat hair!















Ben thanks for a Most Excellent Day!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Aw, I'm jealous! That looks like so much fun --and how I spent a lot of my childhood. However, we didn't have anything to pull us up the hills, so our sledding days were short.

Christy said...

Looks like you had a blast! What a fun activity to do together. Ben is getting so old-you have to take advantage of these opportunities-next thing we know he'll be on a mission!

D-dawg said...

I heard about Leland's new rope pulls from Landon! That is so great. Last time we went we had to climb up every time and it was hard. What a fun trip and how great that Ben got to go!!

Karen said...

It was Lincoln's birthday, Scott! Our district doesn't spring for teacher training anymore! When we were off this Monday too, it wasn't really for President's Day, but for Washington's Bday. I love the Feb holidays. :) (Even more when I am actually teaching and not lying around with stitching in me!) We took our YM/YW to Leland a couple years ago and spent a LOT of time walking up the hill--how fun that they've got a tow now. It's a fun place!

liz j said...

How fun! That's so cool you got to go with Ben. The yearly youth snow trip was always a HUGE highlight for me growing up.

Loved the videos.