Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Love Photoshop!



I do love Photoshop. It seems the possibilities for great photos is endless. Yes it is true that you must start with a good photo; But It is amazing what can be hidden, changed, faded or completely wiped out. On the surface I am really Okay with this. However, I do have to admit that there is one part of me that feels like I am cheating, changing reality, and in a sense offering a cute photo that did not really exist when the "moment" was captured.

Now for the story. Nancy took the time to take about 10 or 15 really cute pictures of Gracie as she crawled (army crawled) around on the floor. She got some really cute shots including the one I am presenting today. When I first downloaded the pictures I noticed that Gracie had spit up and there remained a residue on her face. My first reaction was what the heck, the pictures were cute but really unusable because really... who wants to look at even a cute baby with spit up on their face? Not me. Nancy's indicated that she noticed the spit up on her face but she really could not "see" in on the view finder on the camera and if it did show up (which of course it did) we could Photoshop it out. This also is true.

This leaves me with only one question. Is is easier to wipe a baby's face or photo shop the crud out of the shot? Hmmmm. Really it is sixes. Six of one or half a dozen of another.





Regardless I love Photoshop.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I want Photoshop. I also want your baby. Can I watch her during the show this weekend or next???

D-dawg said...

WOW I want photoshop. I have heard that is is hard to figure out thoughm is it?? Gracie is adorable!!

Paige said...

PLEASE SEND ME NANCY"S EMAIL. We are having a blog party and I want her to come.

Nancy said...

Denae, Photoshop is a pain, I will confess. Once you learn the tricks, you'll never go back. I'll send you my address Paige. I hope I didn't miss the party!!!