Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's Up?

Although it has been a week or so since our last post... life goes on. We have been quite busy and I thought I would share a couple of pictures and catch you up on the happenings in our house.

Sarah celebrated her 7th Birthday on the 12th! Sarah's feet show what she and Mom along with a couple of friends went and did to celebrate. I guess it goes to show that you are never too young to start pampering your self on your birthday. The "girls" had fun having a pedicure.








Later we opened gifts. This is Sarah's favorite part of her birthday. Presents!








Grandma Kay and Grandpa Dee came over later in the week and shared strawberry cake and ice cream. Strawberry cake is a Curtis Family tradition that Nancy brought to our marriage. Sarah has embraced the strawberry cake tradition whole heartily!










This short video clip shows our family taking part of a Jacobs Birthday tradition. My dad went on a mission to Sweden, and since then we have always sung "Happy Birthday" followed by the Swedish version "Ya Mon Hun/Han Lever" All I can say is Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!








We have also reached a milestone with Grace. She now is eating real food! She loves and gobbles down carrots, green beans, peas, sweet potato's, and LOVES any kind of fruit. I am sure the bewildered look on her face is due to the fact that I stopped feeding her to take a picture. She was not amused.
















This next picture is of the Kids adorned in our families new favorite attire! I believe we will be wearing a lot more BYU issue in the coming years!






















The reason for the emphasis on BYU apparel is due to the recent news that I was accepted into BYU's Masters of Public Administration Graduate program!



This of course means many changes for the Jacobs Family. We plan to move to Provo or there abouts this coming August and will be in Provo for the next couple of years as I work on earning my MPA degree. We are really excited, and at the same time sad to leave our family, home and friends here in California.

Nancy and I are also sad having just finished what may be our last Danville Children's Musical Theatre show "Mulan". Nancy has been the musical director at DCMT for the last 13 years, and I have been the set designer and builder for the last 8 of those years. Pam(the director)has been so good to us over the years and we truly feel like we are a part of her extended family. It feels as though the theater has always been an integral part of our family life. For the past decade plus it has alway been there. It is hard to leave and we will miss it! Change is always hard to face. After all it is true what is often said "The only thing constant is Change."

Even so we are looking and moving forward! Returning to BYU and graduate studies fills me with an excitement that at times is hard to contain. Even though we are leaving friends and family here, we look forward to seeing all the friends and family we have at BYU and around and about in Utah. Yahoo! See ya in August!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hooray!! I'm still very excited you guys are coming to Provo. If you need help with anything (finding a place to live, moving in, a piano teacher!), you better let me know!

P.S. Cute nails, Sarah! :)

Karen said...

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!

liz said...

congratulations!!!!

Chelsea said...

Congrats you guys! YAY for Utah!

Christy said...

I have been anxiously awaiting this blog announcement. congratulations!!! I am so excited for you-what an awesome change. There are so many fun things about Utah and Provo in particular-but I'm glad you're keeping your house all the same! We do't want to lose you forever! (fortunately it feels like the Jacobs clan is more in Utah that CA these days-I'm sure we'll still see you!)

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

NO WAY!!! We're leaving in June for 2 years and you're moving UP here in August for 2 year?!?!?!? AGHHHH! The UGLY irony:( (Brian just said you can have our spacious 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment if you like...tempting, I know!). We are so happy for you guys -- congrats Scott! What a huge thing for all of you! I guess this just means that we'll have to come up for the games now:)

Paige said...

Don't you know that Green-bomb siblings are forbidden from moving to Utah? At least it's temporary, for education. We will miss you. But not as much as Pam will miss you. I'm betting she'll fly Nancy back every few weeks.

Becca said...

I'm so glad you finally blogged this so I can comment! I can't even tell you how excited I am to live by you guys again! Katy and I can't wait to hang out with your kids all the time. You have instant babysitters whenever you want them :)

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nortorious said...

Congratulations! Well done, smarty pants!
But, sadly, you will really miss your wife. Pam will not let her go.

liz j said...

Holy moly - piles of news and events this week! Congrats!

Loved hearing the Swedish tradition. Very cool.

Katy said...

I am SO EXCITED for you guys to come out here! You have to let Becca and I babysit ALL the time.