Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Let the Games begin!

Well from the last post you know that school is in session for just about ALL of us.  As a side note I am loving the MPA program at BYU!  So far so good, and it seems like a perfect fit for me.

One of the side benefits to being a full time BYU Graduate Student is getting student season tickets to the BYU Football home games!

Saturday August 30th was the first home game, BYU played the University of Northern Iowa.  My Dad was in town and as a TRUE  BLUE BYU Fan he nearly jumped through the phone when I invited him to go with me to the game.  


This is My Dad and I leaving for the big game. My tickets are in the student section of course and so we really enjoyed the seats my dad has in hand that hooked onto the bench seats.

This was our view of the game.



BYU played a  good first game, (including a few hick ups) and UNI played well, however the score does not really tell the whole story, there were a few nail biting moments but the final score was BYU 41 UNI 17.  

It has been 14 years since I had season tickets to BYU football. All I can say was that it was really fun being back in Cougar ... oops I mean LaVell Edwards Stadium! 

GO COUGARS!!!!


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Please tell me you didn't use those seats in public! Only old men are allowed to use them. I love you anyway! :) Of course when I get to be your date, I will be using headsets to listen to the play-by-play while watching. I guess only old men do that too. oh well!

Teresa said...

Very nostalgic! Way to go Cougars! (Our house? Go BYUtes!) How great to have everyone in school - love this time of year. Although, it does get a little busy. Hope all goes well with each of the students.
Very cool that you can get so much done all in one place - including a hair cut. Adorable!

Jayne said...

Scott
What a pleasant surprise to see your comment this morning. I am so adding your blog to my list of favorites.
Hope you enjoyed a brief trip into the life of insanity as you read My Lobotomy. And I hope you are well. Your family is darling. All I can say is Go Generals!!
Are you back at school? And I peeked at Lisa's blog. Married?! A BABY?! Crazy. Loved seeing glimpses of your mom and dad and Karen. Wish I could have seen Diana.
Keep in touch.
Jayne jaynecas@yahoo.com

Kath said...

Okay...Nancy...where are you?? I miss you! Blog or call or something...