Saturday, September 27, 2008

You know you're in Utah when....



  • Your son comes home and says, “wouldn’t it be cool to have a compost pile.”


  • Everything is so close in proximity you never have to get in the car.


  • You get angry when you have to drive to Orem because it is just so far away.


  • Driving to Salt Lake feels like a road trip.


  • The leaders of the school PTA, to show appreciation for the parent volunteers, say at the conclusion of their announcement over the P.A. system, “sure love ya!”.


  • You get slightly teary when your son sings the Utah State Song with his school class at a ceremony featuring the Mayor on the steps of the City Library.


  • You see cars driven around town that you haven’t seen for 20 years (i.e., Honda Passports, Toyota Celicas, convertible Geo Metros, etc).

  • You get to see fabulous concerts on Temple Square for FREE!

  • You walk to do your visiting teaching.

  • When you are at a musical performance on BYU campus and there is a prayer at the beginning, your daughter looks at you and says pointing to the crowds, "do all these people go to church?"
  • You beg people to come visit.


Random cute photos....


7 comments:

Kath said...

Yay!! go Nancy!! Thanks for the fun Utah post!! I want more of those Utah sayings...I can finally hear the accent...been in CA long enough. Why is it in utah that every word is shortened: ya, goin', doin', sometimes letters are taken out of the middle of a word like...what's the big dil? "deal" maybe it's the canning pickles thing. I know that you will truly be in Utah when you (not Scotty) start bottling anything..let me know if that happens and I will come and whisk you away. I am a good friend like that:)

Jenny said...

yep, you are definitely in utah! although i think the compost pile would have been accepted our here by the berkeley folk.

Lora Gooch said...

HI Scott. It's Lora Chilvers Gooch. Do you remember me? Weeze gave me your blog. I can't believe you have 4 kids! I see your still a real hoot! Check out my blog if you want
www.sclojoka.blogspot.com It's good to see you again.

ben said...

ttyl. lol is sc0tt still gaming at all? tell him ps3 ratcht nd clank kicks major butt. btw, the luv ya thing made me roflol majorly legit.

Becca said...

I love cute pictures of all us girls!

liz j said...

Didn't you mean "You know when you are in Zion when..." Hee hee! I loved this post. Utah is wonderful.

And I can't get over how cute your kids are. I love Emma's haircut!

Nancy said...

Hey Ben! Thanks for the brain exercise on interpretating your comment! And let me speak for Scotty, he does not have time for gaming...poor little boy. Now come Christmas break, that's a different story! We miss you!!