Saturday, December 15, 2007

I've Had It With You Santa!


Dear Santa,

I'm writing to tell you that I'm ready to line my kids up and come clean on this whole Santa thing. You know, as well as I do, that I do all your shopping and bidding just like for the rest of the family. I'm good-natured enough to let you have all the credit but the stress is going to kill me! Sarah has been changing her mind for the last three weeks on what she is going to ask you for tonight when she sees you at the Ward Christmas Party. My garage is filled with the items she was going to ask for but has changed her mind about.

Sarah is now very set on a Baby Alive Boy & Girl baby. I've researched it and yes the "Boy" baby is anatomically correct. Little does she know, the boy baby is nearly impossible to find and thus when found, it is very expensive. Honestly, Santa, it would be easier for me to conceive a boy baby than to find this Baby Alive Boy doll. (And that's saying a lot seeing as Scott & I have produced 75% girls.) I've tried to talk her out of it stating that I don't think our sweet little girl should have a baby with a "peeny" to which she giggles and laughs hysterically. She tells me she gets to decide what she wants for Christmas from Santa, "and that's final!" We've discussed this at length. Scott wants to know who set up this tradition that you get whatever the heck you asked for anyway! (I have no sympathy for this comment because he doesn't help me either! He is in the same boat as you, Santa. Gets all the credit with no effort at all.)

After yet more research, I've learned that Corolle has a much cuter boy baby, also anatomically correct, and alas it is available. I've convinced Sarah this is the one to ask for. She had me write the exact name down for her: "Corolle Paul Wet and Bath Baby" which she will take with her tonight when she sees you.

Disaster was averted when Ben's first choice item (the i-coaster, out-of-stock everywhere and a very expensive item on the secondhand market) was replaced by the available Roboquad. Emma luckily doesn't fully get it. I have an assortment from which I can attempt to persuade her to choose from.

Frankly, I will sleep much better tonight after the grand meeting is done. I will be penniless (and Scott too) but I will sleep well knowing that I have not been responsible for undoing the magic of Christmas for my children. Even though I am sorely tempted! I just wanted you to know how I am feeling because I believe in open communication.

Until tonight,

Nancy

5 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Do the boy and girl dollies pee and barf and stuff? Can you skip that part?

Now I want an icoaster and I don't even know what it is. Hm. Santa brings three things at our house.

Paige said...

Santa is really nice. What happened to Santa "surprising" you? And girl baby alive is $50. I didn't know they made a boy. Now maybe I need it. My kids get two things from Santa. They are deprived.

mamasuisse said...

Santa only brings the stockings at our house. Everything else is from mom and dad. I'm too selfish to share the credit with Santa. I'll barely share it with Steve - even though he does almost nothing to help, he compensates me in various other ways.

Nortorious said...

Is she really going to know the difference between a pee pee doll and just a regular baby? Just put Grace's wet diapers on her.

Hillary said...

Santa brings a small token of his love and affection. Around 15 - 20 $ or so. Stockings too. I don't know what to say if the 2 kids left, who still believe, ask him for something that we can't afford. So far it's worked.