Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Clean Slate

I love the New Year's holiday. It feels so fresh with a clean slate. In keeping with the perfect day as a start for a perfect year, I'd better get off the computer and read my scriptures followed by a homemade dinner for my family made from ingredients from our year supply followed by a devotional with the kids surrounding the fire in a quilt I made with my own hands from homespun cotton. There will be no unkind word said following which the kids, in their matching leiderhausen, will skip off to their rooms hand-in-hand to have silent reading time. Do you think I can keep this up all year?

5 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm thinking the scriptures are a good plan. Don''t bite off more than you can choke down :) Maybe one homemade dinner a week. That's all they really need anyway!

Paige said...

There are no points in heaven for home made. Or leiderhosen. Stick with the scriptures and prayers, and then you can feel good about ignoring them the rest of the time!

Jenny said...

haha this is hilarious. i haven't even made new years resolutions yet so you're miles ahead of me!

Cheryl said...

Don't listen to the cynics. If I can do it, you can, too! Oh, wait...I guess that killed my point. :)

Celia Fae said...

I guess I better go see what your REAL resolutions are now. Insert evil laugh.