Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In Need of an Actuary


Isn't an actuary a person who measures risks? I need my risks calculatecd on my chances of getting a speeding ticket. I just got my 2nd speeding ticket in only two months and all in the same city! What on earth is going on? Well, besides apparently I don't know my speed zones, I am starting to believe that Provo Police has me under surveillance so on the rare chance I actually leave my house, they've got me covered. During most of a week, I exist in an area that includes short of a 2-mile radius. What are the chances of getting a ticket when I am on the roads so infrequently?

Just a helpful note, the speed limit on University Parkway between the stadium and the baseball field is 30 mph. I made sure and questioned the schoolboy, allegedly a police officer, who pulled me over about this. Why is it 30 mph when there isn't a house or neighborhood in sight? His answer was that it was because it was a school area. Yeah, a school full of ADULTS you ding dong. Just get your backpack on little boy, hop on your bicycle and scoot along. (Don't worry, I refrained from saying the latter.)

So, if you happen to be behind me getting very impatient as I'm following absolutely every speed limit...TOO BAD! You'll have to take it up with the officer who is likely not far behind me.

Scott, have fun watching the kids while I go to traffic school. Apparently I need it since studying the DMV booklet hasn't seemed to help in the slightest.
Some photos from a day playing in the leaves to end on a good note...

4 comments:

mamasuisse said...

So sorry about the TWO speeding tickets. Provo traffic cops have an unfortunate reputation for taking their jobs very seriously.

Kath said...

yuck!! I hate tickets!! It has been a while for me but I have run out of gas 5 times. Also, I have been pulled over several times for tickets and haven't gotten them...hmm I will have to do some searching and pass along my secrets... Loved the fall frolicking!!

Karen said...

I got a stinkin ticket in Provo for parking in front of a hidden fire hydrant. Never mind that in all the times since then, I have seen cars parked in that same space (no red curb or anything to WARN you) with NO tickets. Do you have CA plates still???? That was my crime. :)

Christy said...

Bummer! Those provo cops have nothing else to do but follow you around and hope you speed! cute pics-it looks like a nice fall over there.