Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Sock Round-up

Today I have spent an inordinate amount of time finally facing that laundry basket that has all the leftover stuff in it. Stuff = mismatched socks, clothes I don't know if should be tossed, doll clothes, etc. As this isn't a favorite task, as indicated by my procrastination of it, my mind went adrift asking many rhetorical questions.



Why....
  • don't waffle irons have power switches?
  • does my cute little baby insist on climbing on top of the dining table? Or the piano, for that matter.
  • is it that when I do laundry, my 4 year-old has 15 pairs of underwear and my 7 and 10 year olds only have maybe 1?
  • do I think my PC is much easier to use than Scott's mac?
  • does our cat insist on sleeping in Grace's crib?
  • am I so excited about seeing a flock of 20 California quail in my Utah backyard?
  • doesn't it snow already? We are ready!
  • does Scott drape his pants on a chair only six inches from the closet instead of hanging them?
  • is Emma so cute when she looks at the rain turn to snow outside and says "the sky is all out of rain"?
  • is it when I tell Sarah that I wish the laundry lady would come, she answers in a not so nice tone, "THAT'S YOU!!"?
  • didn't Scott run my photo through Photoshop before posting it on our blog?
Well, there are many more but that about covers it for the moment. Here are some unrelated photos for fun....






7 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my goodness....Grace's costume! hilarious!

Kath said...

And all i did today was fix a dinner that no one really got into and now they are all slumbering and I? avoiding the clean up. At least your laundry basket is empty--hooray for you!!

Karri said...

Your kids look so cute! I lol at the pants....left right by the closet to classic. We miss you and hope you guys are loving Utah.

Christy said...

Baby Yoda! That is so cute! Hope you guys had a fun Halloween.

Christy said...

(I can't believe Grace can climb on the piano-Lucy has a hard time getting on the couch!)

Claire said...

Nancy, come back! Grandma refuses to do the Mikado without you!
-Claire, Celia's daughter

Karen said...

So fun to see the cute costumes and the sweet faces of your kids. I miss them a lot around here
1 Fortunately, Lucy comes to visit frequently, so I get some baby loves. Miss you guys!