Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Favorite Author

I rarely recommend books. I love, however, when I am recommended a book that I instantly adore. This is what happened when a good and trusted friend gave me the book Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. (Can I mention your name trusted friend?) She happens to be friends with the editor who recommended it highly to her. It's a unique tale and truly magical! It's pretty clean and just a sweet story.

Imagine my glee when Sarah Addison Allen's second book, Sugar Queen, was just as delectable if not more so than her first! Oh joy, oh rapture! I can't wait for her next book to come out in May of 2009. Check it out for yourself on Amazon.com or wherever you like to shop for books and see if it's something that would suit your fancy too!

I just tried to "friend" Ms. Allen on facebook. I hope she wants to be my friend. I'm determined to get her to Utah for a booksigning.

8 comments:

Kath said...

O! I love that you blogged once/day for 2 days:) And I will try these books as soon as Goose book catches me...

Paige said...

on your recommendation I just bought them on amazon. Thanks! Edgar Sawtelle nearly killed me

mamasuisse said...

Thank you for the recommendation. I'm ALWAYS looking for a new favorite book.

Nancy said...

by the way, these are fun light reads...not real deep. Just thought I should clarify.

Karen said...

I need a good, light read. Otherwise I will die before I finish report cards! And whe I finish I actually ahve to talk to all those parents.... I'm going to go to Amazon right now and get them! Thanks for the strong recommendation--and for taking care of Becca and Kyle through Thanksgiving. I am so sad that they aren't coming home.....

Kath said...

missing my good WC friends today.hmm.no reason. new friends are good. old friends are gold:)

Christy said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been needing new book-and I only read light reads! Glad I read the comments too because instead of buying them at borders today as planned I'll mooch them off my mom!

Becca said...

Can you believe that the BYU library has neither of these? I'm so disappointed!