Sunday, October 14, 2007

10 Things I Have Learned from Celia


I have a lot of really awesome friends. There is something kind of cool and extra bonding about a friend that you have that you knew when you were a teenager. I mean, really, how many highschool friends do you really keep in touch with? I feel pretty lucky to still keep in touch with and be friends with Celia from my Laurel class growing up. We weren't necessarily the best of friends then but as the church is good at, we were thrown together by associations in Young Womens. We didn't socialize on the same planes as you see, Celia was popular and I was well, let's just say, awkward. No, I was a band geek. Now, twenty years later, I have an awesome friend that knew me when...Happy Birthday Celia!
Here are 10 things I've learned from Celia over the years....
1. It's imperative to have a housecleaner at least every other week even if you must cut something else out of the budget.
2. You may not wear your maternity clothes after you deliver a baby even if they fit and are comfortable.
3. A bottle of formula once a day or more will not kill your baby.
4. Absolutely everything we know about this subculture world of blogging.
5. You must nap every day. Lock the bedroom door and use a sound machine if necessary.
6. Wrap-up verbage is not necessary when ending a phonecall particularly when your kids need you.
7. You can host a luncheon with store bought prepared foods.
8. Only spend time decorating your house one month a year and that's it.
9. Always dress great. It is preferable to start with a fresh new wardrobe every season. You can shop at Target to justify the costs.
10. I can ask her anytime for a book recommendation because she has quite possibly read more books than anyone I know.
The list could go on. To the award-winning blogger, cleverest, funniest, understanding friend...happy birthday Celia! And happy anniversary of the accompanying picture.

5 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Dying at that picture. Dying. Nance, I am truly honored. Thanks for being my sort-of sister and coming tonight to the shindig. And I didn't even have to ask!!!

D-dawg said...

That picture is very funny. And I also have learned all of those same things from Celia... she is a good teacher.

Paige said...

Nancy, since you are definitely an honorary sister, good job! Fantastic picture. I can't believe it.

Ellie said...

That picture is the BEST! What else are you hiding?1

Nortorious said...

My favorite is the wrap-up verbage. No one understands why I just say "okay, bye" and hang up. What's with all the extra talking?