Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ah! Halloween!

Halloween is one of those "seasons" that our family usually gets into. We never go over board with decorations, but this year we have had a hard time getting into the spirit of the holiday. I guess you could say that this year we have taken the minimalist approach. We actually put up a Halloween quilt Nancy made last year. It is very cute and it covers all the bases. We may even get a pumpkin on the porch. Oh well.


In the spirit of minimalism I revolted this year and refused to dress up for the Ward Halloween and "trunk or Treat" party. As you can see in the photos I did in the end "dress" up.

After emphatically declaring that I would NOT be in a costume, I decided at the 11Th hour to throw together a make shift something or other. I wore the "get up" that I had to wear in the operating room when Grace was born C section. (Yes I did save it!) Not much imagination for costume but I did finally get into the spirit of the evening. Grace was dressed up as you can see as an M & M. (Thanks to Nancy's Sister-in-Law Allison for the cute costume.)
Ben was going to be a Lego block, but when he found out that Grace was going to be an M & M he decided he wanted to go as an M & M Box. Thanks to Nancy for it's creation. Sarah was excited to appear at the party dressed as Jasmine from Aladdin.
Emma is all talk and no action. She had abut 3 costumes that she wanted to wear but ended up wearing her pajamas with a Mini Mouse printed on it. Oh well, there is always next year.

Our Church party was a lot of fun. Ben had invited all the people on our court to come and one of our Neighbors ended up coming. We all had a great time. We combined with the other Ward that also meets in our building so there were twice as many trunks to visit and get candy.

In our family there is an unwritten rule that Daddy must check out all the candy received, and of course I do take the Daddy tax.When the kids are watching I get the dumb pieces, but when find their stashes, I gets what I want! Yahoo!

Happy Halloween everyone!!

8 comments:

Karri said...

everyone looks so cute! Hope to see ya guys tonight.
Derekandkarri.blogspot
karri

Ellie said...

Emma and I have the same costume.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

FUN!! WE miss you guys:) Happy Halloween:) Give all of your kids kisses from me!

Paige said...

Seriously cool M&M box, are there actually packages that big? If so, I'm going to need to find them. Adorable that Ben wanted to have a brother costume with the baby.

Scotty said...

Ben's M & M costume was made from a medium size M & M package. We scanned it and then in Microsoft Publisher we printed it as a poster and then glued onto the box.

mamasuisse said...

That's got to be the yummiest M&M I've ever seen. What a cute family.

Nancy, it's really fun to find you, too, and see your beautiful family!

Jenny said...

okay seriously what CANT nancy do in microsoft publisher? i am amazed at her skills. also, i love the daddy tax. i think once kate is actually old enough to eat her candy this will be strictly enforced.

Celia Fae said...

I'm a little disappointed to have missed NANCy's costume. I guess the shoemakers child doesn't wear any shoes.

I hope Scotty's suit still fits after he is finished with Daddy tax.