Monday, October 08, 2007

Birth Anouncement Etc.

Gracie's birth announcement is out. Nancy as usual did a super job. I thought I would share it here with you also.



For a larger image see the photos at the end of the "posts".



Here are a couple more updated photos of Gracie at 5 weeks old.


















The following photos show the final step started in my post (dated September 18th) titled "The Grapes of Wrath".

I wanted to show you that Emma participated in the Jelly making "ceremony" regardless of her previous injury steaming the grapes. The truth is wild horses could not keep her out of the kitchen. She insisted on helping me. I decided that for her safety she should be posted well away from the hot bottles being steamed, the cooking jelly and the hot finished product. Emma's part was handing the rings that hold the lids down. She was excited to help in any way. She really feels like it is her grape jelly too.






There are two things about this photo I need to make a comment about. First, even with digital photos, eyes are closed at just the wrong moment. Dang!

Second is a bit more serious. If you look closely it appears that our darling innocent Emma is making a rude hand gesture. I promise that our next Family Home Evening we will have a special lesson on the proper use of sign language and how important it is to avoid the naughty gestures. I'll let you know how it goes... ;)

10 comments:

Christy said...

Gracie is too cute! I'm really excited to see her again. Dos she have some red hair or is that a trick of the lighting?

Celia Fae said...

I'm impressed. With the photo card and with the jelly. Nancy always has the best announcements and you always have the best jam!

Paige said...

Such cute little girls! That card is really impressive. Maybe that's what Nancy does while we are all wasting time blogging.

heidiram said...

What a cute announcement! I decided I better stop having kids because I think that creating and sending out birth announcements is ALMOST as painful as the whole birthing process. And grape jelly? I am soooo impressed!

Jenny said...

hi its jenny heyman. i love the birth announcement. grace is looking so cute!

Nortorious said...

My mom taught me that gesture.
Those birth announcements were very cute. I got one in the mail, so I am special.

Chelsea said...

That Gracie is a doll! I love the announcement! Emma is so brave to get back up again and help with the jelly. Way to go Emma!

Celia Fae said...

Dear Scotty,

That was the most impressive comment I have ever seen. I will be singing all of those songs in my head today! Good work, I think you should post about it.

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the announcement.

surftech said...

Scotty Dude,
I'm so Impressed that You can make Homemade Jelly! I'm coming over so you can teach me. What a Beautiful little girl and already smiling! Great Pics. Thanks for sharing with me.
Your Bud from OZ,
Toddy
(surftech@prodigy.net)