Friday, November 30, 2007

A night with the AQUABATS!



On November 27th (last Wednesday night) Ben and I went to see the Aquabats! It was so much fun. The put on one of the best concerts I have seen them perform. They played some of their newer music and also some great older songs I haven't heard for years. I was truly FUN! The Bat Commander in my first cousin, so we have followed the band for quite a number of years. It is great seeing them have so much success!




This is the "Bat Commander" during the concert. Below is a stock photo of the band in action. You can tell we are related because we have the same body profile ... I don't feel so bad any more because he is like a super hero!
























Christian Jacobs is also a co-creator of the kids show on Noggin "Yo Gabba Gabba!" This is DJ Lance who stars on the show and he was touring with the Aquabats.
Click on DJ Lance to visit GabbaGabba land.


We met Lance and found him to be the nicest person. He was willing to talk to us like there was no one else in the room. Ben was really excited to meet him because he recognized him from Yo Gabba Gabba. Emma wished she had seen Lance because she LOVES "Gabba Gabba" as she calls it. I was really impressed with Lance, a very genuine and friendly person that has not let any of his fame go to his head. This is Ben and Lance right after the concert.








































This is Ben and Christian back stage after the concert. We got to meet all the band members and as already mentioned DJ Lance.
Sarah has informed me that she will be going to the Aquabats the next time they come to Slims in San Francisco. Personally I can hardly wait!


Oops! This was actually posted by Scotty and NOT Nancy!

7 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Hello! Where is the post office story? I loved it.

I thought the aqua bats were a synchronized swimming team. I'm disappointed that everyone is wearing shirts in all the photos,

Do I see a hint of some Christmas orthodontia on Ben?

Christy said...

Sweet! I haven't sung any Aquabats in ages-I have to introduce Lucy to Mr. Bonkers and Powdered Milk Man! I remember when you would take Ben to concerts when he was just a babe! He looked so old in the photos. I'm glad you got to see Christian and how cool to meet Lance. I've only watched Gabba once and really liked some of their songs. Glad you had fun!

Becca said...

That brings back so many good memories! I miss the Aquabats--I'm going to listen to them right now.

Sleepless Tyrant said...

Hey Scotty! Glad to see you got to get out to Slims again! :) I'm stoked to find your blog. We've got one over here: http://www.tylerjacobs.com/blog
hope things are going well!!

--your little cousin Tyler

Katy said...

Oh man, I miss going to Aquabats concerts! I'm gonna go listen to some sweet Aquabats tunes RIGHT NOW. Just the thing to inspire me while writing an English paper, right?

Liz said...

can i go too? I am also a fan of DJ Lance.

and his killer orange outfit.

liz.

Liz said...

p.s. when zane was born mike happened to have on his bright orange aquabats t-shirt on from like 1902 (?) so the band was with us in spirit i guess you could say when we became parents. ;-) I am happy to finally tell someone who knows what I am talking about.