Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Who says Daddy can't nurse?

Well nurse? I guess in actuality it really should be called pacify. So Daddy really is just a pacifier, a big binky, or what ever you are prone to call it in your family. We call it a binky. I have heard other names, but they all escape me now other than pacifier. Oh well.

In the end, Grace and I had some quality one on one time today. She woke up and hollered for her Mom who was unable to answer the call. I stood by her bassinet and tried to give her a real binky, but she would not have it! Emma was on the scene and EXTREMELY upset that Grace was crying. When she saw me standing there, and from her perspective unable to see the binky dance in and out of Gracie's mouth became frustrated and gave me the "look" and kept saying "Daddy PICK UP! Daddy PICK UP! Daddy PICK UP!!!" I finally picked her up and Emma's concerns returned to her favorite new show "Yo Gabba Gabba" on Nick. Such is the life of a three year old.

So I had this brilliant idea. (Not original however. It also worked on Ben, Sarah and Emma.) At any rate I found that the pinkie trick still works. We were able to look at each other and just relax. Well, I relaxed, and Grace, ... you could read it on her face. It would change occasionally from I am happy and comfy right now, to the look of confusion. I could almost see an imaginary thought bubble over her head saying "Hey I thought I got milk when I did this!" Poor baby daddy is already confusing the situation. She is a doll and oh so soft.

On the subject of pacifiers being so Soft; Sarah and Emma have the habit of sucking their thumbs. Normally Sarah likes to twist her hair or rub her ear lobe. Emma does the same things with the addition of holding her little soft blankie when it is not lost. With Grace now a part of the family there is a newer and softer thing available.

Both Sarah and Emma have been known to suck their thumb and rub Gracie's head. I feel like the farmer that is constantly trying to keep the family dog out of the hen house. The dog knows he shouldn't do it, the farmer is constantly vigilant, but the dog just can't keep him self out of such a cool place and watches the farmer and heads out when he is not looking. Well I have managed to keep the girls from rubbing the hair off of Grace's head, but it is a constant reminder to them from the "farmer". "Stop rubbing Grace's head!!!" I say, "BUT it is soooooo soft."

Well they are right and to tell the truth I like to rub her head a little also. OK so sue me! It is soft and I like it too. But what the girls do not know yet and I will not tell them is that her little neck is just like velvet.

Grace is a kissable baby. Such a doll and a sweetheart! Already it is impossilbe to imagine her not in our family! We all love her to pieces.

3 comments:

Parka AKA said...

Scotty! Your baby is beautiful! I stumbled across your blog as a routine "Yo Gabba Gabba" blog search. Yay for the internet bringing families closer together. Give everyone my best!
-Parker and the Huntington Beach Jacobses

Christy said...

Look at the concentration on her brow! She is so expressive! PS: Yo Gabba Gabba is Katy's fav. show too. "There's a party in my Tummy" goes through my head constantly now! ( I don't know if you've heard that one-its cute)

Celia Fae said...

Oh, I want to rub the Gracie too. She is so cute and I love the frownie pictures. Next time please include the shot of you holding her to your vestigial nipple. I know you've got one.